This might be the best combo ever. You could say it's to die for, it's that yummy. This chocolate chip peanut butter and jelly smoothie bowl can be made in about 5 minutes and is as good as any dessert...probably better.
Let me start off by saying that I have a serious addiction to the banana, peanut butter and chocolate combo. If I could have that every day for brekky and lunch, I would. It's probably not good to eat that much chocolate chips and peanut butter. Both are pretty high in fat, but screw it, I sneak it in when I can. This smoothie bowl is definitely more like dessert, so feel free to make it anytime of the day; morning, afternoon, late night post pizza and beer.
Peanut Butter and Banana Delights
Look at this goodness. My god, it's magnificent. It's tugging on my heart strings...or hunger strings. Both.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips which are dairy, nut and soy free)
- Small handful of peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup of mixed berries
- In a small pot, heat up the berries on low heat. Mash them down as they heat up so they become more like a berry sauce. You can also throw this mixture in the blender as well to make it more smooth.
- Let bananas defrost for about 5 to 10 minutes so they become a little soft, but are still pretty frozen.
- Blend up the bananas, peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Add smoothie to a bowl, top with chocolate chips, chopped peanuts and warm berry jelly sauce.
I'm happy to say that I'm an affiliate for Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips linked in this article after trying them out. Which means that when you purchase products through the Enjoy Life links in this article I will receive a small commission. There is no extra cost to you when purchasing through these links. And support through affiliate links helps to me to continue to run this blog and provide free content. I only recommend products or services I personally believe in. Any questions regarding affiliate links or anything else, please contact me using the contact link in the navigation menu. Thank you!
Disclaimer: All information on Salt and Ritual is based on my experience and is provided for educational and general informational purposes only. The topics discussed in this post may not be suitable for your particularly situation and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always seek professional medical advice before trying anything you read online. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and your individual results may vary.