Vegan Dark Sweet Cherry Ice Cream
Like most people these days, I don’t have much time. Between blogging, working full time, and a new fur baby, I honestly don’t know how I get anything done. My presence seems to be one cyclical motion of getting up, working, feeding the cat, going to work, working some more, feeding the cat again, eating dinner at 7:30 and watching Fixer Upper on Netflix.
But the one thing I do have going for me is that I’m completely okay with keeping things simple; simple recipes, simple lifestyle, simple daily rituals.
I prefer simple recipes for a couple of different reasons. Number one, simple recipes don’t stress me out with too many ingredients to buy. That’s a plus. Two, they’re quick and easy to make. Three, they’re easy on the digestive system. Four, they don’t take much time…and that seems to be the common thread day in and day out.
Did I mention that simple is delicious?
So this Vegan Dark Sweet Cherry Ice Cream is one of those simple yet delish enigmas. That’s probably why I’ve been having it for breakfast the past four days. And Trader Joes has frozen cherries in stock right now.
How to Make Vegan Cherry Ice Cream
- Three frozen bananas
- Handful of frozen cherries from Trader’s.
- A half tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Toppings of your choice (mine were chopped up cherries, peanut butter crumbles and pumpkin seeds).
- I usually chop up the frozen bananas the night before. Let them thaw out for about 10 to 15 minutes prior to making the ice cream.
- Blend up all ingredients in either a durable blender or food processor.
- Add your favorite toppings.