Banana, Fig and Date Ice Cream
I'm a huge fan of homemade ice cream made from fruit...no cream or dairy needed. I've been eating this one on a daily basis, so from my kitchen to yours, here it is...
How to Make Banana, Fig and Date Ice Cream
- 2 cups of sliced frozen bananas
- 2 frozen figs (Trader Joes is currently carrying this in their frozen fruit section)
- 4 dates (the softer, the better)
- 1 large ice cube
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs
- A dash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup or more of almond milk
- Put everything in a sturdy blender (preferably Vitamix or Ninja) and blend until smooth.
- Smile cause you're so damn happy
Notes: You can also use a food processor for this and it should work fine. I slice up my bananas and usually freeze them overnight. You may need to let them defrost for a couple minutes max before using. I make fresh batches of this, I'm not really a fan of the consistency when leaving it in the freezer...but fresh, it's like soft serve ice cream.
Enjoy...I'm about to make a batch right now.