Blueberry Bliss and Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
This blueberry and almond butter combination is to die for. A delicious way to start the day out. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, healthy fats and potassium. Vegan and gluten-free.
Just writing this post is making me super hungry for this smoothie bowl again! I came across the blueberry and almond butter combination by accident years ago. You wouldn't think these two seemingly different ingredients would go so well together.
Why I'm a bit blueberry crazy...
I'm really trying to get more wild blueberries in my diet because time and time again (for years now) I've read that they're one of the best things you can eat for your health. Luckily Trader Joe's carries organic wild-grown frozen blueberries since there's nowhere to pick them around here in Encinitas. At least, as far as I know.
What is it about nut butters?
And then there's the almond butter, which I can't say no to. I try to not eat a ton of nut butters, but I'm such a sucker for them in my smoothies. My boyfriend doesn't understand why I like to add peanut butter to a lot of my smoothie bowls. I don't even know how to explain it, just the tiny bit of fat sends it over the top. It makes them taste like a real treat.
The almond butter has a salty taste to it. That saltiness combined with the sweetness of the blueberries and banana base...is delightful.
Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- Handful of raw almond slices
- Let frozen bananas thaw for about 7 minutes for a more ice cream like consistency or add 3/4 cup of almond milk to make it more smoothie like.
- Throw frozen blueberries, bananas and almond butter in a blender and blend until it's a smooth consistency.
- Top with fresh blueberries and almond slices.
That's it. Perfect quick brekky.