Blush Detox Body Scrub
Use the Blush Detox Body Scrub recipe to cleanse your skin with circulation enhancing Himalayan salt and detoxifying essential oils.
We love a good body scrub. Not only does it help remove dry flakey skin, but it really gets your circulation going which is great for your skin. More blood flow means supplying more oxygen to your skin and promoting cell growth. Plus it feels amazing.
This body scrub is part of our free Detox Beauty Challenge. Use on Day 2 remove dead skin and unveil your glowing bod.
Unlock your challenge here through the button below and receive our free ebook including the rest of the 5 detoxifying beauty recipes:
- Day 1 - Skin Clearing Detox Juice
- Day 2 - Blush Detox Salt Scrub
- Day 3 - Restore Detox Lava Soak
- Day 4 - Pure Detox Facial Mask
- Day 5 - Antioxidant Detox Honey Milk
Blush Detox Body Scrub Ingredients
Pink Himalayan Salt - Scrub your skin clean and wake up your circulation when you use the therapeutic pink Himalayan salt to detox your bod. Is edible as well so sprinkle a bit on your food for healthy skin from the inside out.
Coconut Oil - Good ol' coconut oil is a must for natural babes. Take it internally to boost immunity, feed your bod essential fatty acids and remove pathogens that can cause infections. In this challenge we'll be using it on our Blush Detox Body Scrub as a moisturizer and its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
Lemongrass Essential Oil - The ultimate citrus oil, Lemongrass not only has an amazing scent, but it is known to relieve muscle soreness and tones skin with its antiseptic and astringent properties making it ideal for both our Detox Scrub and Salt Soak.
Grapefruit Essential Oil - One of our fave essential oils here at Salt & Ritual, Grapefruit showers you with an amazing summer scent all year long. Plus its powerful properties help to fight bacteria and fungus on skin, and stimulates lymph nodes to help remove toxins.
Peppermint Essential Oil - This invigorating essential oil not only relieves sore muscles, it also loosens tight muscles. Used in our Blush Detox Body Scrub, peppermint wakes up your circulation and stimulates your lymph nodes, helping them to drain and remove toxins.
Blush Detox Body Scrub Recipe
- pink himalayan salt
- coconut oil
- 8 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 8 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 6 drops of peppermint essential oil
4 oz glass jar
How to Make:
- Pour in salt so that it feels about 1/3 of the jar.
- Add about a tablespoon of coconut oil and stir.
- Repeat until jar is full. Note: You can add more oil is your like your scrubs more on the oily saturated side.
- Add essential oils and stir again.
Directions and usage:
1. Spoon 2 tablespoons of scrub in a small bowl to take in the shower (avoid getting water in the jar as it can cause bacteria to grow).
2. Use scrub all over your bod, especially legs, bootie and arms.
3. No need for moisturizer after scrub thanks to the coconut oil.
Store scrub in a cool dry area.
Note: Always sterilize my DIY beauty containers first by placing them in boiling water for about five minutes and then letting them completely dry and cool down before using them.
Disclaimer: All information on Salt & Ritual is based on our experience and is provided for educational and general informational purposes only. The topics discussed in this post may not be suitable for your particularly situation and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always seek professional medical advice before trying anything you read online. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and your individual results may vary.